Center-flow in-line magnetic separators are engineered to remove ferrous fine particles and larger pieces of tramp iron from dry particulates as they travel through dilute-phase pneumatic conveying lines. To achieve optimum contact with the product flow, a conical magnet is suspended in the center-line of the housing. This tapered, exposed-pole cartridge has a stainless steel “nose cone” to direct the flow of materials around the magnet. The magnet’s tapered poles allow ferrous fine particles to collect out of the direct air stream. Additionally, the trailing end of the magnet is an active pole which will collect any tramp metal that gets swept down the cartridge. The magnet’s shell is designed to give long magnetic exposure to dry powders in order to ensure your product achieves maximum magnetic separation.
- Designed for unobstructed product flow in dilute phase conveying up to 15 psi.
- Available with all line and fitting types. Placement in vertical run makes optimum use of the magnetic field and ensures maximum efficiency in separation.
- High-energy rare earth magnets are standard.
- Optional clear view inspection port to observe separation process.
- Comes standard with a tapered step face to prevent product wipe off.
- 3” and 4” models are manufactured using new bolt-on flange design for quick delivery.